Fletcher Spaght, Inc. (FSI) develops growth strategies for medtech, biopharma, life sciences, healthcare and information technology companies and their investors. Our clients include emerging growth companies, major corporations launching and investing in new ventures, venture capital and private equity firms, and research institutions. We develop growth strategies and advise our clients on the commercial potential of innovative new technologies and the options for developing, funding, or acquiring new businesses.
Client engagements typically include multiple work efforts, most commonly:
- Developing strategic growth options through organic means or acquisition
- Primary market research with potential customers, partners and competitors of our clients to understand receptivity, pricing, customer economics, market segmentation, usage patterns, relative competitive advantage, etc.
- Forecasts based on market research input, data on incidence, prevalence and/or procedure volume
- Due diligence and valuation
- Competitive analysis of established and emerging competitors
- Review and analysis of secondary sources such as medical literature, trade sources, government filings and databases, etc. to support forecasting, market sizing, competitive analysis, etc.
About the Position
Consultants’ efforts are a major component of every project we do, and you will contribute to each of the types of projects listed above. As a Consultant you will assist the case team leader in structuring and managing the project, but will also be a key contributor in information gathering, data analysis, and presentation writing and delivery. Primary research involves interviews with clients, their customers, their competitors, and industry experts – often these are opinion leading and community-based physicians, life sciences research staff, etc. In addition to working on consulting cases, Consultants may have the opportunity to work on investment due diligence and portfolio company projects as well. Travel is sometimes necessary but modest.
Typical project duration is one to three months, and you will most often work on two projects at a time. Thus, you can expect to work on 10 or more projects in a year, allowing you to develop experience across diverse market segments and types of projects.
Fletcher Spaght strives to respect employees’ quality of life, recognizing its importance to each of us.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A degree in the biological sciences is required, e.g., biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, microbiology, genetics, neuroscience. We will not consider applicants without one of the degrees of interest
- MBA or MPH is preferred
- 4 years work experience in consulting, market research, business development, corporate development, upstream marketing or similar analytical roles strongly preferred (at least 2 years in consulting)
- Strong interest in exploring the strategic business issues of cutting-edge life sciences, medical device, pharma and related companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills; proficiency with PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including financial analysis; proficiency building models and conducting analysis in Excel
- Foreign language fluency a plus – especially Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, French, German