About the Position
Analysts’ efforts are a major component of every project we do, so you will learn and contribute to every project we do. New analysts work with the more senior members of the consulting staff in project teams to address key strategic issues for clients. In fact, our organization is relatively flat, and the senior leadership is accessible and directly involved in the projects. As their skills develop, analysts earn increasing responsibility and autonomy, progress toward greater client interaction, and presentation delivery.
- Perform primary research, typically interviews with opinion leading and community based physicians, life sciences research staff, payers, healthcare administrators, etc.
- Conduct secondary research investigating relevant scientific and medical literature, company financial and marketing materials, regulatory and patent filings, etc.
- Design and execute quantitative analysis
- Analyze and synthesize information from all sources to develop critical insights
- Structure and create client deliverables; participate in client presentations
Typical project duration is one to three months, and you will most often work on two projects at a time. Thus, you can expect to work on 10 or more projects in a year, allowing you to develop experience across diverse market segments and types of projects.
- A degree in engineering (e.g., biomedical, electrical), one of the biosciences (e.g., biology, biochemistry), or bio-information systems/ technology. A PhD or Master’s is preferred
- Work experience in medical devices, bioengineering, healthcare IT, digital health, healthcare analytics, or life science tools; 2-3 years for those with a Bachelor’s, 1-2 years for Master’s
- Strong interest in exploring the strategic business issues of cutting-edge medical device, digital health, healthcare IT, life sciences, biopharma and related companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Immediate opening (start within next three months strongly preferred)
- Travel is minimal (<5%)
- US citizenship or legal right to work in the US indefinitely
The Position is based in the Boston metro area. We are currently working from home (as of July 2021), but anticipate a hybrid (home and office) work model in the future.