About the Position
Analysts’ efforts are a major component of every project we do. Responsibilities include information gathering, data analysis, and presentation writing. Most of our work involves primary research, including interviews with clients, their customers, their competitors, and industry experts. Depending on the nature of the project, time may be devoted to secondary research, which emphasizes work with the scientific or medical literature, company financials, marketing materials, regulatory issues, patent filings, etc. New analysts work with the more senior members of the consulting staff on project teams to address key growth strategy issues for clients. FSI’s senior leadership is accessible to analysts and directly involved in our projects. As their skills develop, analysts earn increasing responsibility.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A degree in biomedical engineering (or a combination of healthcare and technology) is required, PhD or Master’s preferred.
- Work experience in medical devices, healthcare IT, life science tools, consulting to the medtech industry, or directly in healthcare; 2-3 years preferred for those with a Bachelor’s, 1-2 years for Master’s
- Strong interest in exploring the strategic business issues of cutting-edge medical device, life sciences, healthcare IT, pharma and related companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Foreign language fluency a plus – especially Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, French, German