Fletcher Spaght, Inc. (FSI) develops growth strategies for medtech, biopharma, life sciences, healthcare and information technology companies and their investors. Our clients include emerging growth companies, major corporations launching and investing in new ventures, venture capital and private equity firms, and research institutions. We develop growth strategies and advise our clients on the commercial potential of innovative new technologies and the options for developing, funding, or acquiring new businesses.
Client engagements typically include multiple work efforts, most commonly:
- Developing strategic growth options through organic means or acquisition
- Primary market research with potential customers, partners and competitors of our clients to understand receptivity, pricing, customer economics, market segmentation, usage patterns, relative competitive advantage, etc.
- Forecasts based on market research input, data on incidence, prevalence and/or procedure volume
- Due diligence and valuation
- Competitive analysis of established and emerging competitors
Review and analysis of secondary sources such as medical literature, trade sources, government filings and databases, etc. to support forecasting, market sizing, competitive analysis, etc.
About the Position
Analysts’ efforts are a major component of every project we do. Responsibilities include information gathering, data analysis, and presentation writing. Most of our work involves primary research, including interviews with clients, their customers, their competitors, and industry experts. Depending on the nature of the project, time may be devoted to secondary research, which emphasizes work with the scientific or medical literature, company financials, marketing materials, regulatory issues, patent filings, etc. New analysts work with the more senior members of the consulting staff on project teams to address key growth strategy issues for clients. FSI’s senior leadership is accessible to analysts and directly involved in our projects. As their skills develop, analysts earn increasing responsibility.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A PhD degree in the biological sciences (e.g., biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, microbiology, genetics, neuroscience). We will not consider applicants without a degree in the biological sciences
- Work experience in biological sciences, medical devices, consulting to the medtech industry, or directly in healthcare
- Strong interest in exploring the strategic business issues of cutting-edge life sciences, medical device, pharma and related companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Foreign language fluency a plus – especially Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, French, German